Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies



What is it about this time of year that makes me want to bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.....all the time? Or any dessert really. I have made no fewer than 7 batches of these cookies (each batch yields approximately 6 dozen or so) in the last few weeks. Yeah, that's a lot of cookies! BUT......once you have one, you've gotta have at least 5 more, thus the need for the high yield recipe!!! Disclaimer: they do have Vitamin A in them so they really don't count as a dessert, more as an eye-sight enhancer. Ha! Try some, I just know you'll love them!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp ground cloves
1 29 oz can pumpkin
5 cups flour
1-2 bags milk chocolate chips (I use the Hershey Mini Kisses found in the baking isle because they are bigger and, of course, give us more chocolate per square inch)!


*Add a little milk if dough seems too dry. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size). Enjoy!
*In addition to these cookies tasting great, you're kids will eat them and not even know they are getting their daily intake of Vitamin A (never mind all the chocolate)! How great is that? Plus, they freeze well and are the best (in my opinion) straight out of the freezer. Happy Baking!

5 comments:

Verlee said...

I love these cookies too...the last time I made them, I substituted 1 cup brown sugar for 1 cup white. yummo.

I love your blog. it is so cute!

Andrea said...

I totally know what you mean. I feel like I want to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies all the time lately! In fact I bought the ingredients for them a few days ago. Yours look so yummy. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I think I will try it!
BTW, I LOVE your blog! Your family is so cute! I'm glad we got in touch again! Too bad we didn't live closer to each other :)

Tom, Tammy and Jacob said...

Lori, you are so stinkin awesome! Just like these cookies! Oh... and I know what I assigned you for Sunday :) but I wouldn't be mad if a batch of these cookies snuck in the house as well...
I can't wait to see you next week - its about time!!

Tami said...

So when does fall start at your house? I think it must have starded somewhere around the end of July. But I am so glad that I have been able to reap the benefits of your obsession. :)

Emily said...

I made your cookies last night and they were very yummy. Just right for fall! So good to see your little family. They are so cute.