Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Riding on the Yellow, Orange, and Red Belt

Yesterday Jared called and said what a beautiful day it was in Eagle and Emmett where he was working (probably just as beautiful as it was here, except we were all inside). After probing me with questions as to what we had planned for family night, he suggested loading up all the bikes onto the trailer and heading for the Green Belt for a bike ride along the Boise River. How thankful I am for a husband who is up for taking the whole family on a bike ride, not to mention all the loading, unloading, hooking up, unhooking, etc., etc., etc. that is involved. I was so grateful for his willingness and inspiration because it was BEAUTIFUL!!! The kids had a blast being able to cruise up and down the path and even little J.J. was able to keep up pretty well and never complained about his legs being tired (unless he was being passed, that is). We ended up at a park in Eagle and let the kids play for a little while before we headed to Johnny Carino's for their Monday night family special. Delicioso! Our family night treat? Home-made caramel popcorn......mmm......good. Just perfect for the season. You'll notice that there aren't many pictures of the girls, well, they were our speed demons and I was never able to get the camera out and ready to go before they were long gone. I got plenty of shots of Josh's back though, if that counts for anything.




This bench made me really want a good book and a nice tall cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows! Oh, and a big warm blanket. Picturesque!


Josh's back.

Josh's back again.

And again.

Bailey and Josh throwing rocks into the river.

Luke, in the river, unfortunately. He was wet and cold the rest of the night.



Josh filling his belly with some good grub.

Thanks Dad, for a fun night together!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

What..??? I thought Idaho was miles and miles of fields? That looks beautiful! I guess I should try the Boise side sometime, huh? Fun family night! We spent ours with Troy and Gabriella at the Syracuse 6!!

Lynette said...

your bike ride looks like so much fun!!! Love all those beautiful colours!!!

Lacy King said...

Wow looks BEAUTIFUL! That is so nice to have such FUN family time. What a beautiful family you have!

Andrea said...

That looks so beautiful! I am dying to see some fall colors like that. What a fun family night activity! Great idea! And seriously, Lori, your kids are so cute!
BTW, to answer your question, we are living in Phoenix. Yes, I know, I MUST be crazy living in this awful heat! Sometimes I think I am!

Heather Whitworth said...

Lori,
I love that you have the cute family and life that you always wanted. It is so awesome! By the way, I always make your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. It's the only recipe I ever use. I didn't even need to use your blogged recipe. I still have the one you wrote me from back in college! Cool huh?

Wendy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Don't you just love this time of year?

Alli said...

Hi Lori - I found your blog while hoppin' around - great pictures and what a fun fall activity!

Alli