It was so fun to be "home" again for Christmas and have my kids experience it the way I remember it being. All of my brothers and sisters and their families that live close enough came to my parent's house on Christmas Eve and we had my dad's "famous" spaghetti dinner that he always makes and then we read the Christmas story and sang carols. The kids were pretty tired, as were we, so we all hit the sack pretty early. Christmas morning was fun and the kids were pretty excited for the things Santa had left for them. After we were done opening presents we headed to my sister's house for her traditional "sour-dough waffles." Yummy! I tell you what, I was loving the food while I was there. I didn't cook hardly at all but I ate like a queen, it was fabulous!!! We had planned on heading home the Saturday following Christmas, but it was snowing so bad in Idaho and the roads were so horrible that we were forced to stay another couple of days. Darn. I was really disappointed (I hope you sense my sarcasm). So I was forced to play several more games of Scrabble with my mom and just relax for a couple more days. Yeah, rough life, I know. It was a much enjoyed and much needed break from regular life. Thanks mom and dad for having us!
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment