Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's Great to be 8!!!!!

Our sweet Bailey got baptized this past Saturday! I can't believe she is already 8 years old. Where do the years go? My emotions surfaced as I watched her enter the water and then overflowed as Jared, emotional like me, continued to baptize her. I paused for a brief moment to think about the great plan of happiness and the wisdom of it. I love how simple it is! Our Father in Heaven bestows so many tender mercies on us and I am grateful for the times when I am able to stop and recognize them. Moments like those help me to keep life in perspective and remember why we are here. Life is not about what we have or what we wear or what we drive, but who we are and who we help and who we love. I am so grateful for my wonderful husband and kids and for the joy they bring me. I love them more than even I understand. They are the reason I get up each day and do what I do. They give purpose to my life. I love you Bailey! Thanks for helping me to pause and remember. I am so proud of you!



My two sweet girlos.



Bailey with both sets of grandparents. My mom and dad on the left and Jared's on the right.

1 comment:

Debbie and Boys said...

You put things perfectly. Its not about the little things that can be gone in a moment. Its about the big things like having a forever family, and becoming one together.

Love the reminder...Congratulations Bailey!