6 years ago
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Boys Will Be Boys!
So I was downstairs last night trying to get my house up to par and trying to help my less than chipper, and uncooperative girls practice the piano. As you could probably guess, I wasn't in the best of moods, in fact, I was downright ornery and would loved to have plopped myself into bed for the night. But alas, reality calls. After struggling through piano, I decided I'd better check on the boys, after all they were being really quiet.......which almost always means trouble. This is what I found:
Though it doesn't seem like much, it was just enough to put me over the edge and sour my mood a bit more (spilled milk would have done the same). The tub was full of water (that was my fault, I was going to have Bailey take a bath after Josh got out and I completely forgot.......yikes......drowning hazard--please don't report me) and in the water, I found 10-15 unwrapped and water-soaked tampons amongst other things. Thanks boys! I Hope you had an enlightening experience. I was so mad, but in the midst of my madness, I decided I'd better take a picture because someday I'll be able to laugh about it.......a very distant someday. I guess I should count my blessings, so here they are: 1. Evidenced by all of the unwrapped tampons, I know that both of my little boys have wonderful dexterity in their little fingertips. 2. I'm grateful they know how to do things quietly because someday that quiet behavior might just transfer over to Sacrament meeting. 3. I'm grateful that they can both walk and run and, in most cases, move faster than me, thus forcing me to get my exercise chasing them around and cleaning up their messes. 4. I'm grateful I have my boys and that they give me plenty to do because without them, I could become very idle, and we all know that's a BAD thing. I guess there is a positive side to everything, you've just got to be willing to find it! So, when life gives you lemons (or a plethora of water-soaked tampons), make lemonade, and then go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
oh my goodness! Those charming little boys of yours! Your post made me giggle...hopefuly by today it makes you giggle too!!!
Love ya girl. You are such a GREAT Mom. I promise!
Love ya!!!
Okay, seriously, Lori, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! That is totally a boy for ya! I'm glad you took a picture of it though because it is just too funny! Thanks, that post gave me my laugh for today! Love ya!
Having two boys also, that sure gave me quite a bit of enjoyment! Sorry, I know how you were feeling, I've been there. But to see that it happens in other homes and that my boys are "normal" gives me great hope! Are these the moments that grandparents tell us we should enjoy, cause one day we'll miss it? Hum....I'm not sure!
HaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!! That's me laughing when I got to the part about the tampons. Hilarious!
Too funny! I am impressed at you being so great at counting your blessings. I think that I would've skipped that part and gone straight to bed! You will definatly be laughing at the picture someday and your boys will be so embarassed and begging you not to show their girlfriends!
Post a Comment