Friday, February 6, 2009

Goodbye to the 4-wheeler--sniff, sniff.....

We sold the 4-wheeler today. I don't mean to sound like I'm obsessed with worldly possessions, 'cause I'm not, but we have loved this thing and have had such a blast with it, and made so many memories, but we figured that since we were moving it would be better to sell it than keep it and have to store it. On a positive note, we have lots more space in our garage--yay! So, goodbye to the Eiger, we'll miss you. I guess we'll have to throw rocks at pop cans now for fun when we go camping. I did that when I was a kid and loved it. I guess those were simpler times.

Do you like all of the forced frowns? I could barely keep them from laughing out loud. Yeah, they are fine with selling it.
Memories at Red Fish Lake. Summer 2008

2 comments:

Debbie and Boys said...

Okay I relate to your sadness in selling a worldly possession. But I know the sadness comes not from being worldly but from giving up a tool to some good quality family memories. I used to think Jake was so worldly for wanting a nice boat someday. I came to realize that is where his happiest moments as a child were-on a boat with his family. Has nothing to do with owning worldly possessions-its a member of the family!

Debbie and Boys said...

As we speak, my boys are in the tub asking for their jet-skiis and boats!